Easier and more accessible recruitment for clients in seabased industries is what motivates us, says the OffshoreCrew staff.
OffshoreCrew was founded in 2013 by Javier Zahn and Carl Eric Vethal, former Crew Manager, Ship agent and Recruitment experts, who wanted to create a simpler and more accessible recruitment solution for offshore and maritime companies.
- What we realized from our previous work in the maritime and offshore industry was that the whole process of recruiting personnel was ineffective and too expensive from an employers point of view, Zahn says.
The answer was to build the e-Crew Personnel Database - designed to both help companies reduce the amount of time spent searching and recruiting candidates, and to give candidates easier job search and CV exposure.
- With the e-Crew Personnel Database from OffshoreCrew employers and clients now have an instant and easy access to source and find candidates, whether they seek short term or permanent employment, Zahn explains.
In 2020 the company has grown to become one of the most significant players in the offshore and maritime recruiting market in the Nordics, presenting double annual turnovers each of their seven years of existence.
A digital service-provider
The company office staff today consists of 5 members, each with a solid and complimentary background from different positions within the oil, gas and maritime industries.
- Carl Eric Vethal joined the company after a few months, and gave us valuable experience from different maritime HR positions. Today he is our HR and Recruitment Manager, Zahn says.
- Jim Reinhardtsen joined us from Aker Solutions, and is now responsible for rig, engineers, training and competency as our Operations Manager.
- Julianne has a track record as officer on shuttle tankers, well boats and smaller passenger ships, and previous experience from the maritime recruiting industry.
- Hilde has been involved in the Crew Manager-business at Maersk Supply Service, where she was in charge of several vessels located in West Africa and the North Sea.
Over the coming years Zahn wants to develop OffshoreCrew into a maritime and seabased service-provider.
- Our aim is to continue to build services that are useful for sea-based companies and candidates. We want to evolve and become a one-stop shop for all things relevant to offshore personell and companies, Zahn states.